I wanted to share with you a research post we are currently advertising. Please help us by circulating the job information among your networks, to any individuals you think might be interested and within your organisations. We would like to draw on as wide a pool of potential candidates as possible.

Research post at UCL Department of Information Studies
We are seeking to appoint a research associate within UCL's Department of Information Studies to join an AHRC-funded research project for 2 years, on navigating the public information rights ecology: a recordkeeping perspective on supporting information rights. This is an exciting and important piece of research. The main purpose of this post is to undertake qualitative and participatory research activities around recordkeeping and upholding the information rights of children in care and care leavers in the public and voluntary sectors. You will be working as part of an academic team which includes Elizabeth Shepherd, Andrew Flinn and Elizabeth Lomas, and with community representatives.

You should have a doctorate in information studies or a related discipline (or be about to complete one) or equivalent research experience. We are also looking for experience of high quality academic research, a subject background in information management or a related field, excellent qualitative (and ideally participatory) research, analysis, writing and presentation skills.
The appointment will commence on 1 September 2017. The post is funded for 24 months in the first instance.

Details and how to apply are at: http://tinyurl.com/yaa94pgl and some information is also at https://www.ucl.ac.uk/dis/occasional/vacancies

If you have any questions informally, please email me.

Best wishes

Elizabeth

Professor Elizabeth Shepherd FRSA, PhD
Professor of Archives and Records Management
Director of Research
Department of Information Studies
UCL Foster Court room G43
Gower Street