Dear Colleagues,

As a distraction on this crazy of days, I wonder if you could take five minutes to share some information about your Archive Management Systems, as we are in the throes of researching, selecting and ultimately moving to a new system for Glasgow School of Art's Archive & Collection.

1) What system do you use? (and a link?)

2) How big is your service (for instance, how many staff and volunteers work with your system)?

3) How much do you spend annually on licences and support?

4) Is the system hosted by the supplier (or other), or supported in house by your own institution?

5) Do you deliver images alongside your catalogue records, and if so, are they held or stored inside the Archive Management System, or linked to externally?

6) If you moved to a new system in the last couple of years, how much did you spend on set-up and migration?

7) Would you be happy for me to contact you to discuss any of the above in more detail?

8) Do you have any further advice?

I would be eternally grateful for some thoughts on any or all of the above, as we navigate the plentiful options on offer! And I promise to anonymise and collate all responses and share back on the list..

Thanks again, and Happy International Archives Day (that's not the craziness I referred to earlier!)

Kind regards,
Polly
--
Polly Christie
Recovery Project Lead, Archives & Collections