Dear colleagues,

We kindly ask you to circulate the following information that might be
of your interest.

Urbanism in the Global South: Building New Geographies of Development

26th June 2017

hosted by the Department of Politics and International Studies (POLIS)
and Centre for Latin American Studies (CLAS), University of Cambridge,
U.K.

This conference will bring together case studies, re-theorisations and
snapshots of the urban experience in cities of the Global South designed
to tackle pressing questions such as- What are the new geographies of
theory and development in these cities? How is the production of space
realised by capitalist endeavours, networks of the marginalised and
urban imaginaries? What forms of informal practices persist and
co-produce new roles for the state and non-state actors? How are
mobilisations disrupting the violent order of participation models?

Due to limited places, we hope that attendees can register (free
registration) through the link below:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/urbanism-in-the-global-south-building-new-geographies-of-development-tickets-34580072929?aff=es2

Please do not hesitate to contact the convenors at
[log in to unmask] for more information.

Kindly check our website for the conference brochure, agenda and regular
updates: https://camglobalsouthconf.wixsite.com/globalsouthcities

We look forward to seeing you at the conference.

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers
*
* To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
* go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.                                  *
*