This move is debilitating anthropology.  The digital-ization of higher
education follows the accumulation imperative towards the  concentration
and centralization of capital. It callously disregards the redundancy of
intellectual labor and erodes the Freirian sensuousness of face-to-face
education.

Much more to say.

In Solidarity,
Brian McKenna

On Monday, June 19, 2017, Jan David Hauck <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> I was wondering if you all know of any introductory online courses that are
> offered in Sociocultural Anthropology. A friend of mine asked about
> Universities offering part-time online courses and I was unable to come up
> with good resources (other than looking up individual universities'
> websites).
> If your institution offers such courses, please let me know, I'll compile a
> list and share or post somewhere.
> Much appreciated!
>
> Please respond offline to jan [dot] d [dot] hauck [at] ucla [dot] edu
>
> Jan David Hauck, Ph.D.
> Department of Anthropology
> University of California, Los Angeles

> * A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
> * online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
> * and international contacts directory.               *
> * To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
> * messages visit:                                             *
> * http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
> * If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
> * those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
> *        [log in to unmask] <javascript:;>
>     *
> *                                                             *
> *       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
> *       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
> *    an international directory of anthropology researchers
> *
> * To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
> * go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.                                  *
> *

Brian McKenna, Ph.D.
Anthropologist
Department of Behavioral Sciences