COMPASS FESTIVAL 2018
OPEN CALL FOR PROJECTS
We’re preparing the fourth edition of the biennial Compass Festival in Autumn 2018 taking place in Leeds, UK.
We invite project proposals from artists working in any medium whose practice is based in public engagement. The festival has grown in scale and ambition over the first three editions and is characterised by the exploration of communality, community building, place-making and individual experience.
Programmes from past festivals are available to view here: https://compassliveart.org.uk/festival
Please note we are not looking for works that happen in theatres and galleries. We will favour:
·  Projects that break down barriers to participation and in which artists engage directly with specific communities and/or the general public.
·  Works of long duration or that can be repeated several times over a number of days.
·  Original, arresting, and thoughtful projects that generously invite public interaction.
·  Works that acknowledge the context of a regional city and urban environment - its possibilities, complexities and histories.
Timescale – deadline for submissions for this open calll is Friday 2nd June 2017

Further details and link to proposal form -  https://compassliveart.org.uk/festival/national-open-call-2018

and suggested soc media posts are here:

Twitter: @CompassFestLDS have launched an early open call for artist projects in 2018, find out more here! http://mailchi.mp/ffbb8f1d1aee/call-out-for-projects-april-news-from-compass-festival?e=e1e7412c56

Facebook: @Compass Festival have launched an early open call for artist projects for their 2018 programme, find out more here: http://mailchi.mp/ffbb8f1d1aee/call-out-for-projects-april-news-from-compass-festival?e=e1e7412c56

Of course, these are just easy copy and pastes, please feel free to tweak as appropriate. Any questions you have or anything else you need, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

All best wishes,
Annie

--
Annie Lloyd | Festival Director
07866 604924

[ompass Festival]<http://compassliveart.org.uk/festival>

Live art and interactive encounters across Leeds

compassliveart.org.uk/festival<http://compassliveart.org.uk/festival>
[log in to unmask]<http://compassliveart.org.uk/cdn-cgi/l/email-protection#93fafdf5fcd3f0fcfee3f2e0e0fffae5f6f2e1e7bdfce1f4bde6f8>
Compass Live Art is a member of Live Art UK, the national network of live art presenters and promoters.

[acebook]<https://www.facebook.com/CompassFestLDS>

[witter]<https://twitter.com/CompassFestLDS>

[nstagram]<https://www.instagram.com/CompassFestLDS>