Dear all,

The call for the first annual ‘Graphic Justice Discussions’ has been extended to 14 May; see below. Please share widely with potentially interested friends and colleagues.

Apologies for cross posting.

-----

Graphic Justice Discussions 2017

Directions and Distractions

4-5 July, St Mary’s University

The intersections of comics and legality represent a burgeoning area of concern within, without, and between legal, cultural, and comics communities. But what directions or distractions do comics bring to the project of justice? Are comics a valuable and important resource, or are they mere entertainment and intellectual amusement? Are comics for fun, rather than for rigorous analysis as part of the serious task of law and justice? Does visual storytelling inevitably distract us from the judicial project?

Engaging with these provocative questions, and the intersection of comics and law more generally, Graphic Justice Discussions 2017 seeks to explore the potential, possible, and plural value of comics for the understanding and practice of justice, morality, and the regulation of human life.

Please see further details here: http://graphicjustice.blogspot.co.uk/2017/04/graphic-justice-discussions-2017-call.html

Warmly,

Thom.

Dr Thomas Giddens

Senior Lecturer in Law

Co-Director Centre for Law and Culture

St Mary’s University

Waldegrave Road, Twickenham, London TW1 4SX

Room G145 | +44 (0)20 8240 4371

Follow me on Twitter: @ThomGiddens

Founder, Graphic Justice Research Alliance | Follow us: @LexComica

And see the Routledge collection, Graphic Justice: Intersections of Comics and Law

Disclaimer

This email may contain privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information and is intended solely for the individual to whom it is addressed.

If you are not the intended recipient, we are sorry that you have received this email in error. Please note that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying is strictly prohibited. Please contact the sender, do not open any attachments, and delete the email immediately.

Any views and opinions are those of the individual sender and not necessarily those of St Mary's University Twickenham.

Please rely on your own anti-malware software. No responsibility is taken by the sender for any damage rising out of any infection.

We reserve the right to monitor e-mail messages passing through our network as permitted under UK law.