Not sure if they discuss the title/character in relation to th 80s but there's at least two articles with 'Judge Dredd' on the title in the collection edited by Thom Giddens on Routledge, Graphic Justice. Intersections of Comics and Law (2015).

Cheers

Ernesto

Dr Ernesto Priego

@ernestopriego
https://epriego.wordpress.com/
http://www.comicsgrid.com/

The information contained in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this e-mail.
The contents of this e-mail must not be forwarded, disclosed or copied without the sender's consent. The statements and opinions expressed in this message are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect those of any related organisations, projects, colleagues or employers.