Hi Alessandra/All,

> Whose giving feedback from the UK?

To the EGI proposal I will. It came up at an EGI ops meeting yesterday that clashed with our PMB, so I had not seen it when it was proposed.

> 5 days for short interventions is a bad idea.
>
> WLCG proposal on page 3 makes more sense.

Indeed. We backed this WLCG discussion in January: https://indico.cern.ch/event/607744/contributions/2449767/subcontributions/218703/attachments/1402467/2141097/LongDowntimes-170126.pdf and at the ops coordination meeting.

You’ll remember from my GridPP bulletin update on 2nd May that EGI were considering to simply adopt the WLCG changes. It seems someone has subsequently not thought things through for the patching case, but sites (as Alistair and other just commented) are likely to do these (or take the site offline) unscheduled anyway.

Jeremy