BTW: here it is working with each of those settings at our site.

[pilatl01@r21-n01 ~]$ ls -lrt /etc/glexec.conf; /usr/sbin/glexec /usr/bin/id
-rw------- 1 glexec root 1190 Nov 29 15:13 /etc/glexec.conf
uid=24655(dteam156) gid=2028(dteam) groups=2028(dteam)

[pilatl01@r21-n01 ~]$ ls -lrt /etc/glexec.conf; /usr/sbin/glexec /usr/bin/id
-rw-r----- 1 root glexec 1190 Nov 29 15:13 /etc/glexec.conf
uid=24655(dteam156) gid=2028(dteam) groups=2028(dteam)
[pilatl01@r21-n01 ~]$ ls -lrt /etc/glexec.conf; /usr/sbin/glexec /usr/bin/id

-rw-r--r-- 1 glexec root 1190 Nov 29 15:13 /etc/glexec.conf
uid=24655(dteam156) gid=2028(dteam) groups=2028(dteam)

So it looks like it works with any of these settings you use! Go figure...

Ste

--
Steve Jones                             [log in to unmask]
Grid System Administrator               office: 220