From: Victoria Klimaj <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, May 21, 2017 at 7:13 PM
Subject: accounting for group differences in race and age using CAT12
To: Christian Gaser <[log in to unmask]>, SPM <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Dr. Christian Gaser and CAT12 experts,

I'm trying to find a good way to account for age and race differences between groups in performing CAT12 analyses, and would greatly appreciate any advice you might have.

My dataset has 6 groups (heterosexual men and women, bisexual men and women, and homosexual men and women), with 20-25 participants per group.

The sample is quite diverse--about 60% white and 40% non-white (including black, asian, latino, and mixed-race participants), and the relative proportion of the racial demographics varies across the six groups.

Additionally, one of our six groups has a higher mean age than the other groups (38 yrs vs. 29-32 yrs).

Is there a recommended approach for accounting for these differences?

Many thanks,

Victoria