Dear SPM users,

I am doing MRS and would like to correct for the tissue content of my voxel.  (VOI 10*15*25 IN RIGHT MID INSULA)

(using Press, so can’t use toolboxes developed for megapress)

I created a binary mask of my VOI.
I re-sliced the VOI.nii, to have a mask with same dimensions of my T1 (cf enclosed screenshot before reslice and after reslice).

And, I tried to segment my T1, using my VOI mask (using the old segment module in spm12).
But I got this error message from matlab:

Failed  'Old Segment'
NaN's cannot be converted to logicals.
In file "C:\Users\bsms7594\Documents\MATLAB\spm12\spm_preproc.m" (v4916), function "spm_preproc" at line 171.
In file "C:\Users\bsms7594\Documents\MATLAB\spm12\toolbox\OldSeg\spm_run_preproc.m" (v4873), function "spm_run_preproc" at line 20.

Then, I spotted that the datatypes from my mask and my T1 were not the same, so I exported the mask using the same datatype.
I re-sliced. When I loaded my resliced mask, filename.img; it was not NaN anymore.
I segmented the T1, using my VOI as a mask, the segmentation ran well, but without taking in account my mask!! (cf screenshot after segmentation)

Any idea whyy?
Any idea of what I did wrong?
Any idea of how converting the NaN to logicals in my first mask?

Any other way to segment the VOI?

pleasseeeee help meeeee

Thanks

Sophie

Sophie BETKA

PhD Student
Clinical Neuropsychologist

Brighton and Sussex Medical School

Clinical Imaging Sciences Centre  (Brighton, UK)

University of Sussex, Falmer, BN1 9RR

Trafford Centre, 206.
Phone : +44 (0)1273.873132 ; # 3132

SCALab - Cognitive and Affective Sciences Laboratory
DEEP Team - Emotional Dynamics and Pathology (Lille, FR)
Faculté de Medecine, Pôle Recherche
1, Place de Verdun, 59045 Lille cedex.
Phone : +33 (0)3.20.62.68.13

This email has been scanned by MessageLabs' Email Security System
on behalf of the Brighton & Sussex Medical School. For more information see:
https://staff.brighton.ac.uk/is/computing/Pages/Email/spam.aspx