Hmm, I tried manually realigning along the AC-PC line and it failed in the same way. Just to test things out, I also tried segmenting the single subject T1 template in the spm12 canonical folder thinking that it should work if alignment was the issue. It failed in the same way.

This also doesn't explain why this would work using the conn toolbox (which calls the same spm functions as the batch, correct?) yet fail when using the batch interface. Any thoughts on this?

~Meg