Dear Carles,

Thank you for your reply.
I have to say that I do not really know how Siemens MRI compute this correction. I'll try to check this with our engineer.
The other problem is that I only have MoCo series and when I check the realign parameter from SPM process, I can see nearly great motions (0.5 to 1mm on translation and 2mm on rotation).
I though that MoCo could do a better job...

Alexandre

Hi,
everything is oK using MoCO but the use of the movement parameters as nuisance variables to remove movement-related intensity variations. As the scanner corrects for movement, SPM realign parameters are close to zero and the rp_txt file do not account for the real movement during the acquisition, just for slight inaccuracy of the scanners correction. It was that way when I worked with Siemens several years ago. I don’t know if this issue has been fixed in posterior software updates. To be sure, you can compare the realign parameters of Movement corrected images with the realign parameters of the without corrections sequence.
Best,
_______________________

Carles Falcon
MRI Physicist
Barcelonaβeta Brain Research Center
Fundació Pasqual Maragall
T. (+34) 933263163
Wellington, 30 (Campus UPF)
08005 Barcelona
www.fpmaragall.org

El 03/05/2017, a les 7.14, Alexandre Obert <[log in to unmask]> va escriure:

Dear all,

I wonder if any of you had some experience with MoCo series in a Siemens MRI.
I've got only MoCo (interleaved acquired) series for a fMRI protocol and I wonder if there is any specific precaution about preprocessing such as realignment and motions parameters to be included in the GLM?

Regards,

Alexandre