Dear Rik,

I am a bit puzzled because you mention *3* conditions at the first level
from which you compute differential contrasts and the use of an eye(*6*)
F-contrast at the second level.
One approach would be to compute differential contrasts [1 -1 0] and [0
1 -1] at the first level, enter these images in a two sample t-test (one
way anova between subject) and use an F-contrast eye(2) at the second level.
This corresponds to the procedure described in section 5.1 of this document:
  http://www.fil.ion.ucl.ac.uk/~wpenny/publications/rik_anova.pdf

Best regards,
Guillaume.

--