Apologies for Cross Postings

Dear colleagues

I am delighted to be advertising a second role in the new Academic Practice Directorate at UWE. I would be grateful if you could forward on the details of this vacancy to anyone that you think might be interested.

Job Title: CPD and Recognition Framework Manager  - Ref:1648145

Salary band: G - £32,004 - £38,183

Duration of post: Permanent

Closing date: 3 Jul 2017

About Us
It’s an exciting time to be joining UWE. With Strategy 2020 now fully underway we are making major investments on our key strategic priority area: outstanding learning. A new Academic Practice Directorate (APD) has been created to work across the university to engage and support our academic communities in the design and delivery of outstanding programmes and outstanding academic practice. We are currently building a new continuing professional development (CPD) and recognition framework for those who teach and support learning which will form part of the APD’s growing portfolio of activities.

About the Role
We are now building the APD core team and are seeking an experienced manager to work closely with the APD’s academic team to build a relevant and responsive central learning and teaching advisory and support hub. The role holder will take primary responsibility for the operational development and management of the CPD framework, its recognition activities and the development of a rigorous approach to the evaluation of its learning and teaching support activities.

About You
You will have good knowledge and understanding of learning and teaching in University settings and of the application and uses of the UK Professional Standards Framework for Teaching and Supporting Learning for development and recognition purposes. Experienced in project and service development, management and evaluation, you will have the skills to develop a robust evidence-base of ‘what works’. With experience of coordinating the activities of individuals and teams across a large organisational settings, you will be skilled in building effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders. A good communicator, you will ensure that data and information are collected and shared in a timely manner, and that issues and developments are reported appropriately.

Interviews are scheduled to take place on the 19 July 2017.

If you would like an informal discussion or have any queries, please contact Elizabeth Cleaver on 0117 32 81568 or email to: [log in to unmask]

Further details including how to apply can be found here

Prof. Elizabeth Cleaver  PFHEA

Director of Learning and Teaching

Room 5E022

Frenchay Campus