Dear colleagues,

Please disseminate this invitation to a University of Edinburgh conference to interested staff and students as appropriate.

How can technology support language communities?

Join us at the Celtic Knot conference taking place Thursday 6 July 2017 at the University of Edinburgh Business School to find out. Our programme is now live!

Keynote speakers

Confirmed speakers also include:

The main objective for Celtic Knot 2017 is the coming together of practitioners in the same room at same time; strengthening the bonds of those working to support language communities into a 'knot' and leading into action. We welcome diverse attendees ranging from Wikimedians, linguists, educators, researchers, information professionals, media professionals, translators, learning technologists and more coming together to share good practice and find fruitful new collaborations to support language communities as a result of the event.

To find out more about the conference themes and how to book your place to join us then please visit the Celtic Knot page. To assist with seeing areas of commonality and links between your work and the Wikimedia projects you can click here.

It promises to be a great event – including a panel on the Politics of Language Online, excellent papers, workshops and discussion spaces. Please feel free to forward this event to interested colleagues in your network.

If you would like to learn more then please contact me direct at [log in to unmask].

Very best regards,

Ewan McAndrew
Wikimedian in Residence

Tel: 07719 330076
Email: [log in to unmask]
Subscribe to the mailing list: [log in to unmask]
My working hours are 10.30am to 6.30pm Monday to Friday.
Wikipedia Project Page for the residency: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:University_of_Edinburgh

The University of Edinburgh, Floor H (West), Argyle House, 3 Lady Lawson Street, Edinburgh, EH3 9DR.
www.ed.ac.uk