No worries. So Charmaine needs to take this week off and then take leave next week. We can cover the bases with the VM team. That she hopefully will be fit and well and ready to move things on.

Graham

From: Online forum for SEDA, the Staff & Educational Development Association [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Fung, Dilly
Sent: 16 May 2017 17:12
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: LAST CALL Vacancy: Principal Teaching Fellow post at UCL, to include leadership of our UCL Arena CPD scheme

Dear Colleagues

We are keen to appoint a new leader for our established and successful HEA-accredited continuing professional development scheme, UCL Arena, following the retirement of Dr Ros Duhs.

The post is that of a Principal Teaching Fellow, salary £54,240-54 - £58,978 per annum, inclusive of London weighting. The deadline for applications is 23rd May. A full time, open-ended contract is offered.

Please do consider applying if you have the right kinds of experience and are considering a new challenge in central London.  The Arena Centre for Research-based Education, formerly the Centre for Advancing Learning and Teaching, comprises a collegial, scholarly, outward-looking team, from a range of disciplinary backgrounds. And we now have great views over London from our newly appointed penthouse floor in Torrington Place! More importantly, we have excellent backing from our President and Provost and from our Vice Provost (Education and Student Affairs), both of whom have gained their own Principal Fellowships of the HEA through our UCL Arena scheme.

Please find more details about the post, the Arena Centre and UCL through the link below.

https://atsv7.wcn.co.uk/search_engine/jobs.cgi?SID=amNvZGU9MTY0MzI3MSZ2dF90ZW1wbGF0ZT05NjUmb3duZXI9NTA0MTE3OCZvd25lcnR5cGU9ZmFpciZicmFuZF9pZD0wJnZhY194dHJhNTA0MTE3OC41MF81MDQxMTc4PTkyNzg2JnZhY2Zpcm0udmFjdGl0bGU9UHJpbmNpcGFsIFRlYWNoaW5nIEZlbGxvdyZwb3N0aW5nX2NvZGU9MjI0

 All good wishes

Dilly

Prof Dilly Fung PFHEA
Professor of Higher Education Development

Academic Director, UCL Arena Centre for Research-based Education (formerly CALT)

PA: Sonale Karadia at [log in to unmask]

020 3108 6463 (internal 56463)

10th floor, 1-19 Torrington Place

London
WC1E 7HB

@DevonDilly

020 3108 6450 (internal 56450)

Visit the UCL Teaching and Learning Portal: www.ucl.ac.uk/teaching-learning

Recent publications

Fung, Dilly. 2017.  A Connected Curriculum for Higher Education. London: UCL Press [Publication date June 2017]  https://www.ucl.ac.uk/ucl-press/browse-books/a-connected-curriculum-for-higher-education

Fung, D., Besters-Dilger, J. & van der Vaart, R. 2017.Excellent education in research-rich universities.’ Position Paper: League of European Universities (LERU). http://www.leru.org/files/general/LERU%20Position%20Paper%20Excellent%20Education.pdf

Fung, Dilly. 2016. ‘Strength-based scholarship and ‘good’ education: The Scholarship Circle.’ Innovations on Education and Teaching International journal. Nov 2016. 54: 101-110 http://srhe.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/14703297.2016.1257951

Fung, Dilly and Claire Gordon. 2016. Rewarding educators and education leadership in research-intensive universities Higher Education Academy: York. https://www.heacademy.ac.uk/sites/default/files/rewarding_educators_and_education_leaders.pdf