Apologies for a second post!

This time with the programme

Dear colleagues
May we cordially invite you to attend RAISE17. Delegate registration is open for the Researching, Advancing & Inspiring Student Engagement (RAISE) Conference for 2017. Please pass on to non-members of the list.
We particularly welcome participation from students (students pay only a delegate deposit fee - which is refundable on attending).
Due to an increase in presentations and content we are moving to a three day conference in 2017; however it will also be possible to register for one or two days.

The conference aims to offer a forum and platform showcasing practice and research about, student engagement (SE) and working in partnership. Staff in all roles, all students, and others interested in university and college higher education are welcome to contribute.

We still have capacity for posters and a small number of PechaKucha presentations (those accepted will benefit from the presenter discount).

The draft programme is attached.

To register please see details at http://www.raise-network.com/events/conference/

Note the early bird rate ends on June 16th and the final date is July 7th.

Contact for any queries or proposals for poster/PK submissions: [log in to unmask]

RAISE 2017 – Perspectives on student engagement; looking forward…thinking back

Dates: 6-8 September 2017

Location: Manchester, UK

Conference Theme

Student engagement has evolved considerably over the last 10 years. The pioneers of SE developed models and principles based on their research with students on the nature of SE. That led to a shared conceptual understanding but only among a small number of people. SE then developed into a movement, to practice, into policy and strategies and to new roles. That has meant that its meanings have become diverse and ambiguous. SE as a term and practice can even be appropriated into forms that are the antithesis of that earlier shared understanding and ethos, such as compliance and ‘doing’ SE to students with assocations to more neoliberal and managerialist agenda’s.

We invite you to submit contributions to the debate on contemporary applications of SE and what you think its true aims, values, and language are.  You can select one or more areas to illuminate that- forming our sub-themes:

1.     Philosophy; can and should SE be so multi-stranded and/or ambiguous? Do its principles and values depend on the context and discourse? Is there a common language of SE?

2.     Policy – where SE policy and strategy come from and what is its purpose? Has SE been subverted into marketing?

3.     People - what does SE mean to you, your role, or your institution? Who is SE for? Who owns SE?

4.     Practice – are ‘SE’ practices actually about enhancing SE. Can you evidence that? What ‘new’ SE practices are appearing?

5.     Partnership – is this the future of SE?  What is partnership? Can you evidence that? Who’s it for, and who owns partnership?

All best

The RAISE Conference Organising Committee