There’s nothing in the missing pages in Pinney vol 4 which relate to your book, I’m afraid. Just the end of the letter to Macphail and the beginning of a letter on 24 April to CRL Fletcher.

Mike Kipling

From: To exchange information and views on the life and work of Rudyard Kipling [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Blix VTA
Sent: 16 May 2017 16:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Interesting book.

Hello! Forgive me if I'm doing this in  the wrong way. Its my first try. I've had a Kipling book 'kim' for quiet a while. But recently i suddenly thought what was the writing in the front? So I've had a few attempts at finding if it has any history / links to Rudyard but nothing so far.  Here are a few pages:

I also found out he was in this area (bought the book in Brighton) around this date:

The Letters of Rudyard Kipling: 1911-19:

If only I could see those missing pages :) .

  I know its a long shot it was him or someone near to him especially as his handwriting looks different except maybe a few parts ( possibly this was his neat handwriting as such ).  I also noticed the word 'lass' was used by him. Anyway so anyone have any ideas about this or those missing pages 441 to 442 :) any links at all? I would buy the book of letters but it's quiet a lot for just one thing like this! Thanks!