I'd be interested in Katherine's answer to this too - what were they saying at the time in terms of retention and disposition?

On 8 May 2017 at 09:40, Meic Pierce Owen <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Thanks Katharine.  What were they saying at that time in terms of retention and disposition?

Sent: 08 May 2017 09:39
To: RECORDS-MANAGEMENT-UK@JISCMAIL.AC.UK
Subject: Re: Origin of the humble records retention schedule

Hi

I wrote my MSc Records Management dissertation on this and identified the 1877 Public Records Act as the first time retention schedule requirements arose (although not called retention schedules). I also identified some earlier examples. Happy to share a copy with Henry and anyone else (although may be more detail than you were after!).  Otherwise I'd suggest looking at a copy of the Act directly.

Kind regards

Katharine

Sent from my iPhone