Since Karen did not link to "Ecosystems for Adaptation and Disaster Risk Reduction" http://pedrr.org/ I do here along with her two co-edited books on the topic:
1. http://www.springer.com/gp/book/9783319436319
2. http://collections.unu.edu/view/UNU:1995

Ilan

From: Karen Sudmeier <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2017 1:08 PM
Subject: Re: [RADIX] Saving lives in earthquakes

.... and healthy ecosystems may reduce the secondary impacts of earthquakes (esp. landslides, in some cases floods, maybe even small tsunamis and fires when managed properly) whilst providing livelihoods support (water, food, fibre) for reducing vulnerability!

Thanks Ilan and all for this interesting debate.
Karen