For the attention of final year undergraduates and those teaching them. Only 4 days left to submit an entry to the UK Data Service Dissertation Prize 2017, deadline 15th May.

Any final year undergraduates submitting a dissertation which uses secondary data (qualitative or quantitative) available from the UK Data Service are eligible to enter.

Our panel of expert judges will award three prizes (£500, £250, £150) for projects that demonstrate the most interesting and high quality use of these data. The abstract of the winning dissertations will feature in our Newsletter and the full dissertations will be published on the UK Data Service Website (with permission from the students, supervisors and affiliated institutions).

These prizes are a great opportunity for students to receive recognition for their hard work. To enter, students must submit a two page executive summary of their project outlining their research question, data, methodology, results and some evidence (such as table, graph or except from interview transcript) of their work to [log in to unmask].

More details can be found here or contact me [log in to unmask] if you have any questions.

Best wishes
Laura Watt

Dr Laura Watt
Research Associate, UK Data Service
Cathie Marsh Institute for Social Research (CMIST)
University of Manchester