A fabulous opportunity in New York for US citizens!

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Mecklenburg, Virginia" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: RE: curator of film and media arts position
Date: 10 May 2017 22:34:45 BST
To: Beryl Graham <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>

I’m pasting the announcement below – the only way to apply is online through usajobs.gov<http://usajobs.gov/>, but I’m happy to talk by phone with anyone who might be interested (my number is 202-633-8381). The position closes on June 14, so still plenty of time.

Thanks again!

Virginia

Curator of Film and Time-based Media Art

The Smithsonian American Art Museum is seeking applications for a full-time permanent curator of film and time-based media art. The curator will be expected to develop and implement groundbreaking exhibition projects with wide public appeal; nurture relationships with collectors, donors, and dealers that lead to acquisitions by gift and purchase; and publish significant research in the field of American time-based media art. Applicants must be able to think imaginatively and creatively and have strong organizational skills as well as research, writing, and public speaking experience.

An M.A. in Art History or related field is desirable; a Ph.D. is preferred. Experience organizing significant exhibitions and writing substantial catalogues or essays is essential. Applications must be submitted through USAJobs<https://my.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/381600800>. The Smithsonian is an Equal Opportunity Employer. For further information, including qualifications, salary range, and instructions for applying, go to https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/469090300

Beryl Graham, Professor of New Media Art
CRUMB web resource for new media art curators http://www.crumbweb.org
Research Student Manager, Art and Design
MA Curating Course Leader http://www.macurating.net

Faculty of Arts and Creative Industries University of Sunderland
The David Puttnam Media Centre, St Peter's Way, Sunderland, SR6 0DD  Tel: +44 191 515 2896

Recent books:
New Collecting: Exhibiting and Audiences, Ashgate<http://www.ashgate.com/isbn/9781409448945>
Rethinking Curating: Art After New Media, MIT Press<http://mitpress.mit.edu/catalog/item/default.asp?ttype=2&tid=12071>
A Brief History of Curating New Media Art, The Green Box<http://www.thegreenbox.net/en/books/brief-history-curating-new-media-art>