Dear all – please find below, details of a job at the Cardiff Story – would be grateful if you could spread the word and pass on to anyone you think might be interested

Front of House Supervisor

Cardiff Story Museum

Full Time, Permanent, Grade 5 (£20,138 - £23,398)

Can you play a key role in shaping the future of our Museum and help us tell the Cardiff Story?

We are looking for an individual with a passion for museums, objects and the stories they can tell. You will be committed to ensuring our visitors are welcomed and have an enjoyable, safe visit and that our collections, galleries and venues are well maintained, interpreted and secure. You will have a proven track record in creating policies, maintaining procedures and training staff to ensure that visitors want to return and health and safety requirements are adhered to.

You will need a relevant qualification and significant museum experience. Hours of work will include evenings, weekends, bank holidays on occasion.

For an informal discussion please contact Alison Tallontire, Exhibitions Officer on 029 2087 1025.

Please note: while the ability to speak Welsh is essential for this post, we welcome applications from non-Welsh speakers who are willing to learn the language. The successful candidate will be given support and appropriate Welsh Language training on appointment.

Further details and application forms can be found:
https://jobs.cardiff.gov.uk/jobdetails.aspx/7606/Front_Of_House_Supervisor/?sSectorLook=229

Closing Date: 23/6/2017

Victoria Rogers MA AMA

Museum Manager  /  Rheolwr Amgueddfa

The Cardiff Story Museum /  Amgueddfa Stori Caerdydd

The Old Library  /  Yr Hen Lyfrgell

The Hayes /  Yr Aes

Cardiff  /  Caerdydd

CF10 1BH

Tel / Ffon :  029 2087 1024

Email / Ebost: [log in to unmask]

www.cardiffstory.com  /  www.storicaerdydd.com

The Council welcomes correspondence in English and Welsh and we will ensure that we communicate with you in the language of your choice, whether that’s English, Welsh or bilingual as long as you let us know which you prefer. Corresponding in Welsh will not lead to any delay.

Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the Council of the City and County of Cardiff shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. All e-mail sent to or from this address will be processed by Cardiff County Councils Corporate E-mail system and may be subject to scrutiny by someone other than the addressee.

Mae’r Cyngor yn croesawu gohebiaeth yn Gymraeg a Saesneg a byddwn yn sicrhau ein bod yn cyfathrebu â chi yn eich dewis iaith boed yn Gymraeg, yn Saesneg neu’n ddwyieithog dim ond i chi roi gwybod i ni pa un sydd well gennych. Ni fydd gohebu yn Gymraeg yn creu unrhyw oedi.

Mae'n bosibl bod gwybodaeth gyfrinachol yn y neges hon. Os na chyfeirir y neges atoch chi'n benodol (neu os nad ydych chi'n gyfrifol am drosglwyddo'r neges i'r person a enwir), yna ni chewch gopio na throsglwyddo'r neges. Mewn achos o'r fath, dylech ddinistrio'r neges a hysbysu'r anfonwr drwy e-bost ar unwaith. Rhowch wybod i'r anfonydd ar unwaith os nad ydych chi neu eich cyflogydd yn caniatau e-bost y Rhyngrwyd am negeseuon fel hon. Rhaid deall nad yw'r safbwyntiau, y casgliadau a'r wybodaeth arall yn y neges hon nad ydynt yn cyfeirio at fusnes swyddogol Cyngor Dinas a Sir Caerdydd yn cynrychioli barn y Cyngor Sir nad yn cael sel ei fendith. Caiff unrhyw negeseuon a anfonir at, neu o'r cyfeiriad e-bost hwn eu prosesu gan system E-bost Gorfforaethol Cyngor Sir Caerdydd a gallant gael eu harchwilio gan rywun heblaw'r person a enwir.