There is still time for interested colleagues to apply for this vacancy at Royal Holloway, University of London in our Metadata and Discovery Team.  The closing date is Monday 8 May 2017.
With the implementation of Alma as our new library management system in January 2016 and the forthcoming move to a new Library and Student Services Centre in autumn 2017, Library Services at Royal Holloway, University of Londonis going through an exciting period of development and change.  As a result of these two major projects, which offer the opportunity to re-shape and develop our services, we are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, experienced and motivated individual to the new role of Senior Information Assistant, Metadata and Discovery.
Reporting to the Metadata, Discovery and Analytics Co-ordinator, the Senior Information Assistant, Metadata and Discovery will work closely with staff across the library to improve the discovery of and access to the library's digital and print collections through a variety of activities in metadata creation, enhancement, maintenance and troubleshooting.  Specifically the post holder will have responsibility for:

  *   Creating metadata for a wide range of resources, including loading of external data and the manual creation of bibliographic catalogue records.
  *   Carrying out appropriate spot checking of catalogue records for new acquisitions which are imported in to the Library Management System as part of the shelf-ready process.
  *   Carrying out cataloguing of archival records, under the direction of the College Archivist.

The Senior Information Assistant will also support metadata projects, and work with the Metadata, Discovery and Analytics Co-ordinator to advance the library's metadata and discovery services.

Location:

Egham, Surrey

Salary:

£23,354 to £27,432 per annum pro rata - including London Allowance

Closing Date:

Monday 8 May 2017

Interview Date:

Tuesday 23 May 2017

Reference:

0417-142

This is a part-time, permanent post of 17.5 hours a week, to be worked between 9am-5pm, Monday-Friday, by agreement with the post's line manager.

Royal Holloway is London's highest performing University for Student Satisfaction for the second year running.  We are based in Egham, Surrey, where Royal Holloway is situated in a beautiful campus near to Windsor Great Park and within commuting distance from London.

For an informal discussion about the post, please contact Frances Shipsey at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>, +44 (0)1784 443328.

For further details and to apply: https://jobs.royalholloway.ac.uk/vacancy.aspx?ref=0417-142
Best wishes

Frances

Frances Shipsey
Head of Acquisitions and Content Delivery
Library Services
Royal Holloway, University of London
Egham
Surrey
TW20 0EX
Email: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>; [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Tel: +44(0)1784 443328