Dear colleagues,

The next sherif event - http://www.sherif.ac.uk/events.html will take place on Monday 19th June at Brettenham House, London.

The title is Developing approaches to simplifying licensing for partnerships

This event will look at the issues of licences with both international and FE partners. It will have a mixture of talks from national bodies and as well as local practitioners and will have a number of workshops where participants can look for possible solutions to the issues raised. The intention is to share and generate ideas to simplify this area, even if outright solutions are not generated Please note that due to the nature of the discussions, this event will be closed to publishers.

Booking is now open for this event. Booking closes on Monday 12th June.

Booking form<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf0ZfZcdhiDxwHMXDTAShsovMoU2NcKadM6VLTApD3WkW_eWQ/viewform>

9.30-10.00 Registration and teas/coffees

10.00-10.45 Keynote - Mark Toole, Head of Libraries and Learning Resources, Nottingham Trent University "Partnerships: Here, There and Everywhere"

10.45-11.15 Lightning talks:

Abigail Heath, Partnerships Liaison Librarian, Plymouth University 'Effective liaison: the challenge of FE partnerships'

Helen Matthews, Middlesex University 'Slow and steady wins the race...' (Hare and the tortoise) Are we winning the race? An international partnership licensing update from Middlesex University'

11.15-11.45 Tea

11.45-12.30 Workshop

12.30-1.15 Lunch

1.15-1.45 JISC - Carolyn Alderson, Deputy Director, JISC Collections ‘Dealing With Partners’

1.45-2.15 Martyn Jansen, Contracts & Legal Manager, Eduserv 'A simplified model for licensing partners'

2.15-3.00 Workshop

3.00-3.30 Panel

3.30 Event closes

Attendance at our events is free for one person from each member institution<http://www.sherif.ac.uk/Membership1.pdf>

Additional member institution places: £50 per person Non-member places: £150 per person Please note we reserve the right to charge any non-attendee the full non-member rate.

You can now pay for event places by credit card via our PayPal account. Please contact the Treasurer<mailto:[log in to unmask]> to let him know if you do so.

Any cancellations must be received by 12 June 2017. Booked places not cancelled by this date may be invoiced at the relevant rate.

sherif annual membership costs £100 p.a. with a 3 year offer of £275 for HE institutions and £50 p.a. for FE institutions. So, signing up for annual membership allows the institution to send one member free of charge to each of the 2 events held per year.

Any queries, please contact Elizabeth McHugh<mailto:[log in to unmask]> (sherif Chair)

Feedback from our February 2017 event:

  *   "Really interesting and informative"

  *   "It's given me a lot of information and ideas to take back to my library"

  *   "Good variety of subject areas"

  *   "Great day of shared experience"

For previous events, please go to our Past Events<http://www.sherif.ac.uk/pastevents.html> page

Apologies for cross posting.

Adam Edwards pp

Elizabeth McHugh

Electronic Resources Manager

University of the Highlands and Islands

Chair - sherif (shared e-resources information forum)

Tel: Office: 01349 780 217

       Mob:   07748146418

       Fax: 01349 780 217

Web: http://www.sherif.ac.uk/

Dr. J. Adam Edwards, BA, MSc, PGCertHE, MCLIP, FHEA

Treasurer – Sherif

Chair – Sherif Proquest Enhancement Group

The Sheppard Library

Middlesex University

The Burroughs

London

NW4 4BT

a.[log in to unmask]

+44 (0)20 8411 4418

New name:  From 1st November 2016, JIBS UG became

sherif:  shared e-resources information forum.