From: UK medical / health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Rob Polson
Sent: 26 May 2017 10:00
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Arguments for physical presence at branch library

Has anyone any ideas on this one.

We have a small psychiatric branch library which is located some six miles from our main site.  This used to be visited weekly, but this has changed to rare visits.

Iā€™m anxious to reinstate weekly or at least fortnightly visits.

My question ā€“ what arguments does the group have for these visits being by one of the professional library staff rather than clerical staff?

My initial arguments are the professional staff can answer high level clinical queries during their visits (though could be argued this could be done remotely), raises profile of the library and service amongst staff, local teaching opportunity rather than staff having to travel to main library for training.

Anything else folks can add to bolster argument?

Many thanks.

Rob

Rob Polson
Subject Librarian
Highland Health Sciences Library
Centre for Health Science
Old Perth Road
INVERNESS
IV2 3JH
Tel: 01463-255607
e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Twitter: https://twitter.com/hhslnew

________________________________
The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2016/17
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.
NHS Lanarkshire Confidentiality and Disclaimer Notice

The information contained in this email may be subject to public disclosure under the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002.

This email is intended only for the addressee named above and the contents should not be disclosed to any other person or copies taken. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the sender and do not necessarily represent those of NHS Lanarkshire (NHSL) unless otherwise specifically stated. As Internet communications are not secure NHSL do not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message or responsibility for any change made to this message after the original sender sent it.

We advise you to carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment, as we cannot accept liability for any damage sustained as a result of any software viruses.

If you have received this email in error, please contact the eHealth IT ServiceDesk on 01698 855555 Monday-Thursday 8am to 6pm and Friday 8am to 5.30pm.

http://www.nhslanarkshire.org.uk/