Dear All,

Our library offers 24/7 opening- this was initially for graduate students
but extended it to undergraduates as a trial 2 years ago, and then adopted
it following comprehensive consultation. It was something we were
repeatedly asked for.

We are a busy academic library - we restrict 24/7 access to current staff
and students. We have had some issues- however the only 2 serious problems
were people 'camping out in the library' one involved a graduate student,
and the other a student who was homeless, and in the latter case we were
able to alert his tutors to this fact, (which had gone unnoticed).

The library users tend to self-police, and yes during the exam term, we
have many deliveroo deliveries, but overall it has worked really well.

with best wishes,

Yvonne

http://moore.libraries.cam.ac.uk/