From: Improving Student Learning [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Matthew Williamson
Sent: 22 May 2017 16:18
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Job opportunity at University of Glasgow - Academic and Digital Development Adviser - closing date 8/6/17

Dear colleagues

I wanted to draw your attention to a role which has recently become vacant here in Glasgow. We are looking to appoint an Academic and Digital Development Adviser to work in a broad team of academic and digital developers. To complement the existing team, we are looking to appoint someone with experience of pedagogical support and advice about online and blended learning, who can develop and deliver training and staff development on the use of the Digital Learning Environment.

The role is on an academic contract and combines aspects of a traditional academic role with service-focussed duties. There are three main parts to the role:

1.       To contribute to the delivery of an excellent student experience by advising and supporting staff on all issues surrounding curriculum and educational development including the development and delivery of CPD events and resources (c. 65% of the role)

2.       to contribute to teaching, assessment and administration processes associated with the postgraduate programmes run by LEADS (approx. 25% of the role) and

3.       to undertake scholarship to enhance learning and teaching both in LEADS and more widely across the University, including supporting the scholarship activities of colleagues in Schools and Colleges (approx.10% of the role).

For more details go to https://udcf.gla.ac.uk/it/iframe/jobs/ click ‘search and apply’ and the role should be very near the top of the list (it is ordered alphabetically by job title). This is a permanent role at grade 7, salary in the range £33,943 - £38,183.

Do please circulate this to anyone you think might be interested.

All best

Matthew

Dr Matthew J. Williamson PFHEA

Director, Learning Enhancement and Academic Development Service (LEADS)

Direct Line: +44 (0)141 330 3890

Learning Enhancement and Academic Development Service

Southpark House

64 Southpark Avenue

University of Glasgow

G12 8LB