Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of the Organisers, I would like to draw your attention to this very exciting event:

Centre for Applied Philosophy, Politics, & Ethics

University of Brighton

Giving Life to Politics: The Work of Adriana Cavarero

19th June - 21st June 2017

Keynote Speakers

Adriana Cavarero

Judith Butler

Bonnie Honig

Adriana Cavarero has been at the forefront of continental feminist philosophy for the past four decades. She works at the interstices of sexual difference theory, post-structuralism, political philosophy, literature and classical thought. Her books have addressed a range of themes, including feminist political philosophy narrativity, the voice and vocality and contemporary forms of violence. Common to all of Cavarero’s work is a concern with uniqueness, an insistence on the vulnerability of the human condition and a careful critique of western metaphysics.

This conference also marks the publication of her most recent text, Inclinations: A Critique of Rectitude (Stanford University Press, 2016).

We welcome participants at the conference who are familiar with Cavarero's work. If you would be interested attending the conference please e-mail

There are a limited number of places at this conference.

arts.brighton.ac.uk/research/cappe/calendar/cavarero

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies