Dear Colleagues,

I in collaboration with Dr. Jacqui Rodgers (Newcastle University), Professor Simon Baron-Cohen (University of Cambridge), Professor Rory O’Connor (Glasgow University) and Professor David Mosse (University of London), are conducting research exploring the rate of autism in those who died by suicide, and what can be learned to prevent future deaths by suicide in this group. This research has been funded by Autistica and NIHR CLAHRC EoE.

Before we begin this project, we are running an event bringing together members of the autism community, those bereaved by suicide, charities, clinicians, and service providers, to discuss how we can incorporate results of our research so far into practice, and plans for the next stage of the research. We are delighted that the ESRC and NIHR CLAHRC have funded this meeting.

We were hoping that you or other members of your group may be interested in attending this free event, being held at Coventry University, on 16th June 2017, 12.30 - 4.30pm. Refreshments and free parking will be provided.

For further information, and to register, please follow this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/mental-health-in-autism-stakeholder-event-registration-33000205503

We do hope to see you there. Please let us know if you have any questions.

With many thanks and best wishes,

Sarah Cassidy and Gareth Richards.

Dr. Sarah Cassidy PhD
Atypical Development Theme Lead
Centre for Research in Psychology Behaviour and Achievement
Priory Street, Coventry, CV1 5FB, UK.
Tel: +44 02477657038
https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Sarah_Cassidy

Visiting Researcher,
Autism Research Centre,
University of Cambridge.
http://www.autismresearchcentre.com/people_SCassidy

Ranked No.12 UK university
Source: The Guardian University Guide 2018

UK’s top new university
Source: The Guardian and the Complete University Guides 2018

Top 4 for Student Experience and Teaching Quality
Source: The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2017

NOTICE

This message and any files transmitted with it is intended for the addressee only and may contain information that is confidential or privileged. Unauthorised use is strictly prohibited. If you are not the addressee, you should not read, copy, disclose or otherwise use this message, except for the purpose of delivery to the addressee.

Any views or opinions expressed within this e-mail are those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of Coventry University.