From: A general library and information science list for news and discussion. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Information Literacy
Sent: 08 May 2017 09:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Information Literacy Group's Research Day

CILIP ILG would like to invite you to:
ILG's Research Day<https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ilgs-research-day-tickets-34314595880>
When: Monday 5th June,
Where: CILIP, 7 Ridgemount Street, London

This event will be led by Dr Emma Coonan (Editor Journal of information literacy) and Dr Geoff Walton (Chair of the Information Literacy Group's Research Bursaries Panel) and will offer accessible and practical advice on  putting together a research bid, with time for you to work on developing your own research proposal and bid.

Emma will be talking about what makes up a research project, how to plan one and what to watch out for in your design. She will offer a practical and non-jargony overview of how the various phases of a research project fit together; research methods and how they frame your findings; how to deal with bias; and what to do with results you weren’t expecting.

Geoff will talk about the ILG Research Bursary scheme, how its review process works, what the Panel are looking for and how to create a successful bid. He will also talk about bidding for funding more widely and give some general tips on writing a good research proposal. Geoff will show examples of successful bids and explain why they were funded.

Please bring along your research ideas - however sketchy - and any bid outlines or even fully drafted proposals for discussion and development in the final session of the day. Even if you only have the germ of an idea, we can help you make it blossom!

This event is free for CILIP ILG members and £40 for non-members. You can book a place and find more information here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/ilgs-research-day-tickets-34314595880

Best Wishes,
CILIP ILG Training Team