Dear All

We have been asked to forward the following job opportunity to the Forum:

Historic Environment Records “HER” Project Assistant

Jersey Heritage is commencing a three-year project to make Jersey’s rich historic environment more accessible through a state of the art web-based platform.  Our aim is to create an innovative, integrated historic environment record “HER” which includes information on archaeological sites, historic buildings, landscapes and portable antiquities.

With a degree in archaeology and/or heritage management you should have knowledge and understanding of database management and geographic information systems and previous experience of working in a HER setting.  Familiarity with the archaeology and history of the Channel Island is essential.

You will be an effective communicator and be able to build and maintain working relationships at all levels both internally and externally.  You must be able to be able to work as part of a small team and on your own initiative, taking responsibility for getting things done.

You must possess the residential status of ‘Entitled’ or ‘Entitled to Work’ under the States of Jersey Housing rules and regulations.

Further details, information pack and an application form can be found at: https://www.jerseyheritage.org/jobs/historic-environment-records--her--project-assistant

Should you wish to understand more about the role or have any specific questions, then please contact:

Peter Chowne, Consultant Project Manager, on 07771 848420 or

by email [log in to unmask]

or

Roger Hills, Head of historic Buildings, on 01534 833134 or

by email [log in to unmask]

or

Allison Soulsby, Human Resources Director on 01534 633311 or

by email [log in to unmask]

Best wishes

Nick

Nick Davis

Heritage Information Partnerships Supervisor

Historic England

Listing Group

The Engine House

Fire Fly Avenue

Swindon

SN2 2EH

Tel: 01793 414839 Fax 01794 414444

e-mail: [log in to unmask]

For the first time ever, you can now share your knowledge and photos on the nation's list of historic buildings and places www.historicengland.org.uk/ETL #ListEngland

Historic England Logo

We help people understand, enjoy and value the historic environment, and protect it for the future. Historic England is a public body, and we champion everyone’s heritage, across England.

Follow us:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram     Sign up to our newsletter

For the first time, we are opening up The List asking people to share images, insights and secrets of these special historic places to capture them for future generations. Can you help us #ListEngland?

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available.