I have often seen changes in the density of inclusions at the same point in the porphyroblast (mainly andalusite) where the orientation of the inclusions changes.  But this is not uncommon (see the work of Scott Johnson).  These are contact metamorphic porphyroblasts, and we have attributed the change in inclusion orientation to changes in the deformation of the matrix as a result of the inflation of a pluton from a magma sheet.  The best example that I have seen are the andalusite porphyroblasts surrounding Papoose Flat pluton in California.  So, there may be a strain induced/assisted change in the mobility of elements?

Sven Morgan

Professor

Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences

Central Michigan University

Mt. Pleasant, MI 48859

U.S.A.

989-774-1082