Shreya,

You can look in

Nabelek, P. I., and Morgan, S. S., 2012, Metamorphism and fluid flow in the contact aureole of the Eureka Valley-Joshua Flat-Beer Creek pluton, California: Geological Society of America Bulletin, v. 124, p. 228-239.

Nabelek, P. I., Bédard, J. H., Hryciuk, M., and Hayes, B., 2013, Short-duration contact metamorphism of calcareous sedimentary rocks by Neoproterozoic Franklin gabbro sills and dykes on Victoria Island, Canada: Journal of Metamorphic Geology, v. 31, p. 205-220.

In the latter, both garnet and vesuvianite have significant Fe3+.

Peter

===========================
Prof. Peter I. Nabelek

Dept. of Geological Sciences
101 Geological Sciences Bldg.
University of Missouri-Columbia
Columbia, MO 65211
USA

(currently on leave at University of Lausanne)

http://web.missouri.edu/~nabelekp
1-573-884-6463