Dear All,

Please find below an advert for a part time Museum Learning  Officer (Key Stage 5) at The Langley Academy Trust.  An application pack and full details are available from our website:

http://www.langleyacademy.org/vacancies/vacancies.html

You can find out a bit more about us here:

http://www.langleyacademy.org/museumlearning/

Do pass the advert on to anyone you think would be interested… and, while I am writing to the GEM list, don’t forget to book your place at our conference on the 14th July : Happiness Matters: Wellbeing, Achievement and Cultural Capital.

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/happiness-matters-tickets-34133846253

Best wishes to all

Jenny

Jenny Blay

Head of Museum Learning

The Langley Academy Trust

Curiosity, Exploration, Discovery: This is our vision for Museum Learning.  At The Langley Academy Trust we are proud of our museum learning ethos and the achievements of our children and young people. The Langley Academy Trust consists of two primaries and a secondary academy. We have a rolling exhibition programme, object handling and enquiry based learning.  We are doing lots of innovative work here and you could be part of it.

Your work as a Museum Learning Officer will be focused on projects for A-level students, with some activity at GCSE. You will work with teachers, students and other stakeholders such as employers, HEIs and cultural partners. With them you will create inspiring and meaningful activities for our older students. This could include trips, on-site workshops, exhibitions and events. You will work with and develop our Student Council to ensure the voices of young people are represented in our work.

We are looking for someone with a passion for Museum Learning, with strong project management skills, able to work with students, teachers and our wider stakeholders. We are keen to hear from candidates with an interest or experience in the following areas: wellbeing, university transition, career pathways. You must be proactive, organized and happy to work in a fast-paced environment.

If you are interested in this post please download an application form from our website  http://www.langleyacademy.org/vacancies/vacancies.html

and e-mail with a covering letter of application to Sarah Friend

The closing date for this post is 17:00 on Wednesday 14th June 2017

Interviews will take place on Wednesday 21st June 2017

The Langley Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.

All appointments are subject to a DBS Check.

Jenny Blay

Head of Museum Learning

The Langley Academy Trust

Langley Road

Langley

SL3 7EF

T: 01753 214471

www.langleyacademy.org

Follow us on Twitter @MuseumLearning

cid:image001.jpg@01CF32C5.19347C90

A company limited by guarantee and an exempt charity. Registered office: The Langley Academy Trust, Langley Road, Langley, Slough, SL3 7EF. Company registration No: 05358533.

The information in this e-mail and in any attachments is private & confidential and is intended solely for the addressee(s). If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, disclosure, copying, or distribution of this email or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful