Dear all,

I’m coming back to an age-old question about H&S requirements for school bookings.

A school recently asked us to provide the following documents in advance of their visit:

-          Evidence of Public Liability Insurance

-          Evidence of Employer’s Liability Insurance

-          Risk Assessment

-          DBS certificates

-          First aider certificates

-          Evidence of professional qualifications

-          Names of two trade references

-          Sign and return agreement to adhere to their code of practice

I don’t think it’s unreasonable for schools to ask for assurance that safeguarding/H&S procedures are in place, but we’ve had a sharp rise in these rather excessive requirements in recent years.

I imagine many of you have had similar requests and am interested to know how you deal with them.

Part of the problem seems to be that some schools lump museum visits together with other contractors (e.g. workers on the school premises, etc).

Thanks in advance!

All the best
Stefan

Stefan Marianski