Hi folks

A slightly niche question for the GEM hive mind:

I'm working with the Aurora Wellbeing Centre in Worksop on a HLF funded project which will use heritage to support wellbeing for people living with or beyond cancer.

There are a host of comparator projects out there which use heritage to support wellbeing more generally, but I'm now on the hunt for projects which specifically involve both heritage and cancer patients (as opposed to other cultural forms and/or health conditions).

The projects I'm already aware of include:

- UCL's work with object handling in cancer wards
- The Fitzwilliam Museum's wellbeing work with cancer patients (and their lovely wellbeing journal)
- The Foundling Museum's work with children on cancer wards at GOSH
- Gartnavel Chapel in Glasgow, an HLF funded historic building which houses the Calman Cancer Support Centre alongside heritage engagement

I'm also aware of a few sites where museums host Macmillan services, essentially serving as safe spaces, but I'm not sure of the extent to which the heritage itself is part of the wellbeing support in those contexts.

If anyone is aware of any other comparators which fall within these quite narrow constraints I'd be very grateful! As always, very happy to share findings with anyone who's interested.

Cheers,
Kate

Kate Elliott
0114 273 1444
DBA Consulting, Kelham Island Museum, Alma Street, Sheffield, S3 8RY