1. I am not sure what’s the weighting mask used for?
2. In our case, we set some tags on the T2 images for each rat, and co-registrate into the standard space, then you can apply the transform function just created on the functional images.
3. As I known, there is no standard space for rat. In our lab, we made one rat anatomical image as standard. We also co-registrate the standard image into rat atlas. So that we can apply the atlas directly into the image. I guess you can either use your T2* image or the Waxholm space for SD rat, as long as you can make your data co-registrated well.