Hi Sara,

Even considering that the variance of the interaction is higher, it can indeed happen: a slight increase A to B in one group, a slight decrease A to B in the other, none strong enough, yet their difference is significant, particularly with TFCE, that is more powerful (for combining spatial extent).

But see another comment below: