Hi Anderson,

Thanks very much for the quick reply and advice.

In the event that I wish to look beyond comparing groups, e.g. looking at
the main effects of say, patient specific variables like disease duration
or amount of medication, would you suggest to proceed with the 2-model
design as I proposed? If so, how would I do mean-centering and what should
be done about the template?

Thanks again.
Michiko