Hi Jane,

If the model is Y = intercept*b0 + X*b1 + Z*b2 + X.*Y*b3, then the
significant interaction means that the relationship between Y and X varies
according to Z, and likewise, the relationship between Y and Z varies
according to X. From this test we can't say anything about the relationship
between X and Y.

All the best,

Anderson