Preventing Overdiagnosis 2017
Dear All

We are now less than 3 months away from Preventing Overdiagnosis 2017, it’s a great pleasure to be in Quebec City this year and we are very much looking forward to seeing you there.  Details on local travel and accommodation can be found on the web pages<http://www.preventingoverdiagnosis.net/?page_id=1417>.

At PODC2017 our aim is to facilitate a movement toward responsible global solutions for preventing overdiagnosis and overuse. The conference will cover how physicians, researchers and patients can implement solutions to the problems of ODx and overuse in the healthcare system using the evidence available and that currently being generated.  Delegates will learn best practice when communicating and engaging with patients and the public, and achieve a better understanding of the benefits of shared decision making within the constraints of modern practice.

Early Bird REGISTRATION<http://www.oxforduniversitystores.co.uk/browse/product.asp?compid=1&modid=5&catid=204> will close at midnight on Wednesday May 31st UK time.  Thereafter the full delegate rate will increase to £425.  Alternative rates for day only, medical and health students and patient groups will remain open.

A draft programme<http://www.preventingoverdiagnosis.net/2017/2017_DraftProgramme.pdf> is available to view, please keep referring to the website and twitter #PODC2017 for updates.  We aim to have a confirmed schedule by May 31st.

Also happening in Quebec City on August 20th is a Practising Wisely workshop, details below

Improve your practice and reduce overmedicalization with reliable resources and evidence. Develop your communication skills to guide your patients towards enhancing their health.

The Practising Wisely program in Quebec is the result of a collaboration of the Quebec Medical Association (QMA) and the Quebec College of Family Physicians (QCFM).

During this six (6) hour training program, participants are invited to take part in case studies, group work and individual exercises. This workshop aligns closely with the Choosing Wisely Canada<http://www.choosingwiselycanada.org/> campaign to implement good healthcare stewardship and develop communication skills to guide patients towards enhancing their health.

*You may be able to organize a training session within your clinic or establishment.*

Click HERE<https://www.amq.ca/en/formation/courses-and-cpd/practising-wisely> for more information and REGISTRATION<https://www.amq.ca/en/formation/courses-and-cpd/practising-wisely>

Looking forward to seeing you in August.

With best wishes
Conference Scientific Committee

www.preventingoverdiagnosis.net<http://www.preventingoverdiagnosis.net>
Tw: #PODC2017