Dear Anise and Chiara,
I just had a look on the Mac issue. It seems that Mac does need to be told this is an executable.

The "technical" option would be to go to a terminal and run "chmod +x path/to/NautilusApp". The Icon then changes to some kind of terminal icon and can be run by double clicking.

I would believe there is a better option in MacOS but I am definitely not familiar with this system. If anyone is willing to give the trick, that would be awesome ;)

Best,
Thibault

Hi all,
What happened to Chiara happened to me too. Since I'm not an expert on that, just an 'explorer', probably I didn't understand the instructions. So, whoever answers to Chiara, please, answers to me too.
Thanks🙏
Anise

Dear all,
I have been following the interesting discussion on Perseids and the Captains framework. I tried to download NautilApp for Mac, but once I download it, what I have is not an app, but a reading file opened by Text Editor where I can find this error message:

Contents.
Cannot open archive file
Could not allocate read buffer
Could not read from file
Error decompressing %s
%s could not be extracted!
Failed to write all bytes for %s
Could not allocate buffer for TOC. Could not read from file. Error on file MEI
Error allocating decompression buffer
1.2.5 Error %d from inflate: %s
Error %d from inflateInit: %s
rb __main__ Could not get __main__ module. Could not get __main__ module's dict. .py __file__ Failed to unmarshal code object for %s
Failed to execute script %s
%s%s%s%s%s / Error coping %s
%s%s%s%s%s%s%s .. %s%s%s.pkg %s%s%s.exe %s%s%s Archive not found: %s
Error extracting %s
Error allocating memory for status
Error opening archive %s
: Cannot allocate memory for ARCHIVE_STATUS
_MEIPASS2 Cannot open self %s or archive %s
PATH System error - unable to load! .pkg Py_DontWriteBytecodeFlag Cannot dlsym for Py_DontWriteBytecodeFlag
Py_FileSystemDefaultEncoding Cannot dlsym for Py_FileSystemDefaultEncoding
Py_FrozenFlag Cannot dlsym for Py_FrozenFlag
Py_IgnoreEnvironmentFlag Cannot dlsym for Py_IgnoreEnvironmentFlag
Py_NoSiteFlag Cannot dlsym for Py_NoSiteFlag
Py_NoUserSiteDirectory Cannot dlsym for Py_NoUserSiteDirectory
Py_OptimizeFlag Cannot dlsym for Py_OptimizeFlag
Py_VerboseFlag Cannot dlsym for Py_VerboseFlag
Py_BuildValue Cannot dlsym for Py_BuildValue
Py_DecRef Cannot dlsym for Py_DecRef
Py_Finalize Cannot dlsym for Py_Finalize
Py_IncRef Cannot dlsym for Py_IncRef
Py_Initialize Cannot dlsym for Py_Initialize
Py_SetPath Cannot dlsym for Py_SetPath
Py_SetProgramName Cannot dlsym for Py_SetProgramName
Py_SetPythonHome Cannot dlsym for Py_SetPythonHome
PyDict_GetItemString Cannot dlsym for PyDict_GetItemString
PyErr_Clear Cannot dlsym for PyErr_Clear
PyErr_Occurred Cannot dlsym for PyErr_Occurred
PyErr_Print Cannot dlsym for PyErr_Print
PyImport_AddModule Cannot dlsym for PyImport_AddModule
PyImport_ExecCodeModule Cannot dlsym for PyImport_ExecCodeModule
PyImport_ImportModule Cannot dlsym for PyImport_ImportModule
PyList_Append Cannot dlsym for PyList_Append
PyList_New Cannot dlsym for PyList_New
PyLong_AsLong Cannot dlsym for PyLong_AsLong
PyModule_GetDict Cannot dlsym for PyModule_GetDict
PyObject_CallFunction Cannot dlsym for PyObject_CallFunction
PyObject_SetAttrString Cannot dlsym for PyObject_SetAttrString
PyRun_SimpleString Cannot dlsym for PyRun_SimpleString
PyString_FromString Cannot dlsym for PyString_FromString
PyString_FromFormat Cannot dlsym for PyString_FromFormat
PySys_AddWarnOption Cannot dlsym for PySys_AddWarnOption
PySys_SetArgvEx Cannot dlsym for PySys_SetArgvEx
PySys_GetObject Cannot dlsym for PySys_GetObject
PySys_SetObject Cannot dlsym for PySys_SetObject
PySys_SetPath Cannot dlsym for PySys_SetPath
PyEval_EvalCode Cannot dlsym for PyEval_EvalCode
PyMarshal_ReadObjectFromString Cannot dlsym for PyMarshal_ReadObjectFromString
PyUnicode_FromString Cannot dlsym for PyUnicode_FromString
Py_DecodeLocale Cannot dlsym for Py_DecodeLocale
_Py_char2wchar Cannot dlsym for _Py_char2wchar
PyUnicode_FromFormat Cannot dlsym for PyUnicode_FromFormat
PyUnicode_Decode Cannot dlsym for PyUnicode_Decode
PyUnicode_DecodeFSDefault Cannot dlsym for PyUnicode_DecodeFSDefault
Error loading Python lib '%s': %s
out of memory
Fatal error: unable to decode the command line argument #%i
Failed to convert progname to wchar_t
base_library.zip Failed to convert pypath to wchar_t
Failed to convert pyhome to wchar_t
Error detected starting Python VM. Failed to get _MEIPASS as PyObject.
_MEIPASS marshal loads s# y# mod is NULL - %s %s?%d %U?%d path Installing PYZ: Could not get sys.path
Failed to append to sys.path
Failed to convert argv to wchar_t
pyi- Failed to convert Wflag %s using mbstowcs (invalid multibyte string) _MEIXXXXXX INTERNAL ERROR: cannot create temporary directory!
WARNING: file already exists but should not: %s
wb DYLD_FRAMEWORK_PATH DYLD_FALLBACK_FRAMEWORK_PATH DYLD_VERSIONED_FRAMEWORK_PATH DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH DYLD_FALLBACK_LIBRARY_PATH DYLD_VERSIONED_LIBRARY_PATH DYLD_ROOT_PATH -psn . TMPDIR TEMP TMP /tmp /var/tmp /usr/tmp ? 4 4 —X !

I know the software is new, but Is there anything I should do that I am not doing, before downloading the app? Maybe something related with Python?
Thanks for the work on the CTS Perseids web site. It is helpful to understand how the framework behind it works, concerning the communication method between its users.
Regards,
Chiara Salvagni