*****With the ususal apologies for cross-posting!!!*****

Registration is now open for the conference „Coping with uneven development in Europe: socio-economic and political responses to regional polarisation“, 27 - 29 September 2017 in Leipzig/Germany. Registration will be open until 15 August but we recommend early registration because of limited capacities!

To register go to: http://conference.regpol2.eu/conference/registration/.

With this conference we invite scientists, PhD students and policy consultants, as well as policy makers and practitioners from regional, national, and European levels to discuss current issues of socio-spatial polarisation and peripheralisation, and the limitations and negative impacts of current regional, social and economic policies across Europe.
We are excited to announce a diverse programme comprising:

-          Discussions where practitioners and researchers can meet and exchange their ideas

-          Workshops in design thinking and communication

-          Field trips to (1) the old-industrial region of Mansfelder Land and (2) the disadvantaged but transforming quarter of Leipzig East.

-          Keynote lectures

-          Scientific presentations

-          World café for early career researchers on “Questions on identity and peripheralisation”

-          Policy shift elevator pitch – you can present your ideas on how to change regional policies

-          Poster and video presentations – we are still accepting proposals for posters and videos.

-          Photo exhibition
For the plenary programme we are happy to welcome Andreas Faludi (TU Delft), Costis Hadjimichalis (Harokopio University, Athens), Ray Hudson (University of Durham), Merje Kuus (University of British Columbia), John Pickles (University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill) and Dina Vaiou (National Technical University of Athens).
For more information you can find the detailed programme here: http://conference.regpol2.eu/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/PROGRAMME-website-v1.pdf

The conference fee of 80 € includes the field trip, catering and the conference dinner (50 € if you are not participating in the field trip).

The conference is supported by the 7th Framework Programme of the European Union in the framework of the project “Socio-economic and Political Responses to Regional Polarisation in Central and Eastern Europe” (RegPol²).

We are looking forward to welcoming you in Leipzig!

The organising team of the Leibniz Institute for Regional Geography and the Graduate School Global and Area Studies of the Leipzig University

Franziska Görmar
Project Management Assistant RegPol²

Leibniz-Institut für Länderkunde
Leibniz Institute for Regional Geography
Schongauerstr. 9
04328 Leipzig
Germany

fon: +49 (0)341 60055-190
fax: +49 (0)341 60055-198
e-mail: [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
www.ifl-leipzig.de<http://www.ifl-leipzig.de/>

The current RegPol² newsletter is available at http://www.regpol2.eu/newsletter-2/

Please visit our RegPol² website at www.regpol2.eu<http://www.regpol2.eu/>.