**With apologies for cross posting**

Good morning,

We are hosting two Alternative Finance events which may be of interest to you (details below). Alternatively, please forward onto anyone you think may be interested!

Free Breakfast Event: New Alternative Finance Funds for SMEs

Date:  Wednesday 7 June 2017

Time:   7.50am to 9.15am (7.20am registration)

Venue:  University of Essex, Wivenhoe Park, Colchester

Join our breakfast event to find out more about these exciting new funding sources available. Our Deputy Director, Professor Jerry Coakley from Essex Business School will be joined by representatives from market leading organisations in the alternative finance sector, including Jonathan Keeling from Crowdcube, and Max Harvey from MarketInvoice.

The audience will include SMEs, accounting and law professionals (who may act as agents in recommending/ vouching for SME clients), business organisations, LEPs, local councils and other interested bodies.

All attendees will be provided with breakfast, and there will be the opportunity to network afterwards for those who do not need to rush back to work immediately! Book now

Free Webinar: The Alternative Finance Revolution

Date:  Thursday 25 May 2017

Time:  2pm

In this webinar Professor Jerry Coakley, Professor at the Essex Business School and Deputy Director of the Business and Local Government Data Research Centre, will analyse the alternative finance phenomenon and argue that it marks the beginning of a revolution in the financing of small businesses in the UK. Book now

For our other upcoming events and training, please visit: http://www.blgdataresearch.org/news/eventstrainingwebinars/

Many thanks,

Holly

---

Holly Shea

Project Office Administrator

ESRC Business and Local Government Data Research Centre

Parkside 2C

Essex Business School

University of Essex

Wivenhoe Park

Colchester CO4 3SQ

Tel 01206 87(3437)

E:   [log in to unmask]

W:  www.BLGdataresearch.org

Follow us on Twitter: @BLGDataResearch

Our blog – Big Data Explored

Our new blog explores the world of Big Data and how it relates to research in local economic growth, public access to green infrastructure and supporting vulnerable people. Read the blog at www.blgdataresearch.org/news/big-data-explored or if you’d like to contribute a guest blog please email [log in to unmask]