Dear colleagues, (apologies for any cross-posting),

We are delighted to invite you to the following workshop which will take place on June 12th at the LSE.  For more information and the full programme please refer to the attached poster.

Productive Articulations:
Re-examining wealth, abundance and generativity in Latin America
Seligman Library (OLD 6.05)
Anthropology - LSE

This one-day workshop will focus on understanding how states and markets provide key sources of vitality, productivity, and abundance that, in turn, are central to the organisation of local societies in Latin America.  The papers will shed light on the multifaceted ways in which economy, politics and ideology shape and are shaped by their articulations with local households, communities and settlement economies. While the workshop will focus on cases from different Latin American regions, we expect to generate discussions that will make for cross-cultural comparisons regarding the ways in which subaltern populations conceive of productivity and generate livelihoods in the 21st century.
Attendance is open to the public, but we ask that you confirm your attendance here:
https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/productive-articulations-tickets-34722795817

Thank you all,

With best wishes,
Natalia.-

Dr Natalia Buitron-Arias
LSE Fellow
Social Anthropology
London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE)
http://www.lse.ac.uk/anthropology/people/NataliaBuitron.aspx

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers
*
* To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
* go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.                                  *
*