Dear colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that my new book is now out:

Degrees of Mixture, Degrees of Freedom: Genomics, Multiculturalism, and Race in Latin America<https://www.dukeupress.edu/degrees-of-mixture-degrees-of-freedom> (Duke University Press, 2017).

You can read the Introduction for free on the Duke UP website.

Best wishes

Peter

====================================
Professor Peter Wade
Social Anthropology
School of Social Sciences
Arthur Lewis Building
University of Manchester
Manchester M13 9PL
Tel: 0161-275-3991
Webpage<https://www.research.manchester.ac.uk/portal/peter.wade.html>

NEW BOOK: Degrees of Mixture, Degrees of Freedom: Genomics, Multiculturalism, and Race in Latin America<https://www.dukeupress.edu/degrees-of-mixture-degrees-of-freedom>
RECENT BOOK: Mestizo Genomics<https://www.dukeupress.edu/Mestizo-Genomics/index-viewby=author&lastname=Wade&firstname=Peter&middlename=&sort=newest&aID=2347531.html>
OTHER BOOKS: Race and Sex in Latin America<http://www.plutobooks.com/display.asp?K=9780745329499&>; Race and Ethnicity in Latin America<http://www.plutobooks.com/display.asp?K=9780745329475&> (2nd edition)
CURRENT PROJECT: Latin American Antiracism in a 'Post-Racial' Age<http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/social-anthropology/research/projects/latin-american-antiracism-post-racial-age/>
PAST PROJECTS: Race, genomics and mestizaje in Latin America<http://www.socialsciences.manchester.ac.uk/subjects/social-anthropology/our-research/projects/race-genomics-and-mestizaje/> (including British Academy Wolfson Research Professorship, 2013-2016)

* A postgraduate project comprising online journal,    *
* online discussions, teaching and research resources  *
* and international contacts directory.               *
* To join this list or to look at the archived previous       *
* messages visit:                                             *
* http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/Anthropology-Matters.HTML   *
* If you have ALREADY subscribed: to send a message to all    *
* those currently subscribed to the list,just send mail to:   *
*       Enjoyed the mailing list? Why not join the new        *
*       CONTACTS SECTION @ www.anthropologymatters.com        *
*    an international directory of anthropology researchers
*
* To unsubscribe: please log on to jiscmail.ac.uk, and            *
* go to the 'Subscriber's corner' page.                                  *
*