*Call for Abstracts - **Workshop on Recent & Future Trends in
Biostatistics:*
https://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/news-and-events/workshops/work
shop-on-recent-future-trends-in-biostatistics/
*Date*: Friday 10 November 2017
*Venue*: MRC Biostatistics Unit (University of Cambridge), Institute of
Public Health, Cambridge, UK CB2 0SR
*Programme Committee:* Dr. Paul Kirk, Dr. Simon White, Dr. Anne Presanis
and Dr.
Sofía S. Villar (MRC BSU, University of Cambridge)
*Deadline for abstracts: 30th May 2017.*

You are warmly invited to attend the Workshop on Recent & Future Trends in
Biostatistics, a unique one day event organised for and by *career-young
statisticians*. It is a great opportunity to present recent work, discuss
ideas and network with peers in a friendly and encouraging environment.
There will be a few contributed talks and an *interactive* session (which
includes a prize for the best presentation). We will be also holding a
panel discussion on the future directions and challenges for Modern
Biostatistics which will include advice for early career statisticians. We
are delighted to confirm the attendance of the following keynote speakers
and panel discussion participants:

   - Prof. Mark Girolami (Imperial College London, UK & Alan Turing
   Institute for Data Science, UK)
   - Prof. William Rosenberger (George Mason University, USA)
   - Prof. Peter Diggle (Lancaster University, UK and University of
   Liverpool, UK)

We are now calling for abstracts for contributed oral/interactive
presentations. Please be aware that the abstract should be approx 300 words
long. We welcome abstracts on any subject in Biostatistics but would be
particularly interested in the following:

*Clinical Trials of the Future,*
*Personalised Medicine,*
*Big Data in Biostatistics,*
*E-health,*
*Image Analysis - Emerging and Future Applications of Biometrics,*
*Evidence Synthesis and Medical Decision-making,*
*Infectious Disease Epidemiology*

If you wish to submit an abstract, please do so by using the following
link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=biometrika2017.

*The deadline for abstracts is 30th May 2017.* We look forward to receiving
your submission! Notifications on whether the abstract has been accepted or
not will be sent by early July. *A limited number of travel bursaries will
be available for early-career researchers.* Details on how to apply will be
announced shortly at the event website.

Registration for the workshop will open soon. Potential visitors to
Cambridge might like to enjoy the various attractions this historic city
has to offer, such as punting on the River Cam or attending one of the many
talks or concerts available. For more information please visit our website
<https://www.mrc-bsu.cam.ac.uk/news-and-events/workshops/workshop-on-recent-future-trends-in-biostatistics/>
or
email us at [log in to unmask]

Sofía S. Villar - Personal Website
<https://sites.google.com/site/sofiasvillar/>
MRC Biostatistics Unit, University of Cambridge, School of Clinical Medicine
Cambridge Institute of Public Health, Forvie Site, Robinson Way
Cambridge Biomedical Campus
Cambridge CB2 0SR

*This workshop is funded by the Biometrika Trust as part of the Fellowship
awarded to Sofia S. Villar. *
*Sofia*

SIGNOFF allstat