E: [log in to unmask]  W: dmu.ac.uk

From: Phil Scarffe

Dear Colleagues,

With apologies for cross posting, please find below details of our forthcoming conference building on our successful Throwing Light on Support for Disabled Students event last year.

De Montfort University (DMU) has been at the forefront of developing inclusive approaches to teaching and learning. It has received widespread praise for its approach from amongst other sources HEFCE and DfE. DMU also played a leading role in the development of the Dfe guidance: Inclusive teaching and learning in higher education as a route to excellence

In order to encourage further development of inclusive practice DMU holds an annual conference, which will be of interest to anyone within the Higher Education sector who is interested in making Higher Education accessible to all.

This year’s conference will focus primarily on the experience of disabled students following the substantial changes to the DSA system.

Amongst other issues the conference will explore institution wide approaches to inclusion, and meeting the anticipatory requirements of the Equality Act such as DMU’s Disability Enhancement Programme (DEP). You will also be given the opportunity to hear about DMU’s adoption of the principle of Universal Design for Learning (UDL) into all Teaching and Learning Approaches.

The day will be opened by Joanne Cooke, Associate Chief Operating Officer and Executive Director of Student and Academic Services who will introduce the Vice-Chancellor, Professor Dominic Shellard and the Key note speech will be delivered by Bettina Rigg.

The day will consist of a mixture of whole conference sessions, and inter active workshops with plenty of time for networking and sharing experiences with colleagues.

The day will consist of a mixture of whole conference sessions, and inter active workshops with plenty of time for networking and sharing experiences with colleagues. A programme for the event can be found here.

We very much hope you will be able to join us. The cost of the conference is only £100, and you can secure your booking here.

I very much hope you will be able to join us.

Many thanks

Phil Scarffe

Phil Scarffe

Registered Social Worker

Head of Student Welfare

Phil Scarffe

Registered Social Worker

Head of Student Welfare

DE MONTFORT UNIVERSITY

T: +44 (0) 116 257 7536

E: [log in to unmask]

F: +44 (0) 116 250 6048

W: dmu.ac.uk

GUA 2017 runnerup badge

If you're planning to visit us, please consider using a greener means of transport. See www.dmu.ac.uk/transport

Thank you for helping to protect our planet. Please switch off lights, monitors, PC’s and Printers when not in use at the end of your working day and avoid leaving electrical equipment on stand-by.